The 7th Annual Lake Arrowhead Classic Steadicam Workshop
March 10-16, 2013
Steadicam Intensive “Big Rig Workshop”
Don’t Miss this Hands-On 7-Day Intensive Steadicam Workshop with lead instructor Jerry Holway and participation by Garrett Brown, Steadicam inventor.
If you’re a new or prospective Steadicam operator there’s no better way to get up and running than by attending one of our Steadicam Workshops. Even experienced Steadicam operators register to learn the latest innovations and techniques.
Tiffen has already hosted numerous Steadicam workshops to educate the future Steadicam operators of the world. These workshops are both useful for the potential Steadicam purchaser and the Steadicam operator just starting out. With the rising popularity of Steadicam Camera Stabilizing Systems, especially in the Video industry, these Steadicam workshops prove to be an invaluable hands-on experience.
Learn all the basic Steadicam techniques and become familiar with related accessories. In addition, you will learn how to market yourself as a “specialist.”
The Syllabus includes:
– Flying the Rig
– Details of sled, arm and vest
– Vehicle Mount
– Use of ultra long post feature for super low mode and super high mode
– Balance of the Steadicam. Dynamic and Static Balance.
– Running work on stairs and uneven surfaces
– Hand Work
– Work on stairs and uneven surfaces
– Operating from both sides. ( Left and Right side Steadicam )
– Compositional skills and techniques
– Integration of accessories: Follow Focus, on-board recording, HD/SD
– Evening discussions of shots, screening clips and deconstructing shot design.
– Operator’s Night
– And much, much more!
Tiffen hosts an Instructor’s Evening, where working Steadicam Operators from the Los Angeles area come up to share experiences and frequently bring their kits for students to see.
The Tiffen Company will be providing a selection of the newest and best systems, from our S.O.C. Award winning Ultra 2 through the Ultra 2C, the Shadow, the Clipper 324, the Zephyr, the Flyer LE and Pilot and Merlin. A wide array of Steadicam accessories such as the vehicle mounts and extended posts are used.
Tuition for the workshop is $3,500.00 USD. A $500.00 USD deposit is required at the time of registration. Full payment is due by February 15, 2013. When the group of 16 is sold out, students are notified that they can be placed on a Waiting List in case of cancellations.
The tuition includes the following:
– Steadicam Workshop from 7am to 10pm daily. Before-breakfast access to the rigs. After dinner lectures, screening of material and analysis, more time in the rigs before bed.
– Three superb meals a day in the dining room overlooking Lake Arrowhead. Special dietary needs are attended to..
– Housing in the building where the instruction takes place.
– Certificate of Completion
– Steadicam T Shirt
Students are required to transport themselves to the facility. We recommend that if possible, you arrange to fly into the Ontario, California airport. LAX is 2+ hours by car from Lake Arrowhead.
Registration for lodging and housing from Lunch on March 10 through Breakfast on March 16 only is arranged by Tiffen and is a part of the workshop tuition. If you plan to arrive before then or stay after the end of the workshop, you must make arrangements directly with UCLA Lake Arrowhead Conference Center.
Students attending the workshop are fully responsible for paying additional fees and costs for any guests who are accompanying them. Such arrangements must be made directly with the UCLA Lake Arrowhead Conference Center staff prior to arrival. No arrangements can be made on the day of arrival. Arrangements can not be made through The Tiffen Company for such guests or visitors.
This is where the workshop is held. Use this link to find driving directions and other useful information regarding the area around Lake Arrowhead, California.
UCLA Lake Arrowhead Conference Center
850 Willow Creek Road, Lake Arrowhead, CA
To register for this workshop, click on Reserve A Workshop and fill out the form. Any questions regarding the details of the Eastern Classic Steadicam Workshop Phone # (818) 567-7912.
more info: LINK