by Micah Van Hove
Gimbals have exploded onto the market in a variety of shapes and sizes — but we haven’t seen one quite like this.
Designed for one hand operation, the CAME-TV Single 3 Axis Gimbal is toted as one of the first commercially available gimbals to utilize Encoders:
“Encoders are often used in Robotics for highly accurate monitoring of motor position. Some of the benefits of using Encoders are to: prevent motors from losing synchronization and skipping steps, provides important information about frame and camera angles, decreases power consumption (longer battery life), increases Torque, increases precision of stabilization, and more.”
– Full 3 Axis Stabilization
– Built in Joystick Control
– 32bit Controller + Brushless Motors with Encoders
– Tool-less Design Easy to Balance + Quick Release Camera Plate System
– New Encoder technology is more efficient. Batteries can operate up 20 hours when fully charged.
– Larger frame than most pistol-grip Gimbal Systems allows cameras to fully Tilt up and down.
– Larger motors when compared to other pistol-grip gimbals.
– 1/4″-20 thread mount on side of handle to support mounting a smartphone or monitor.
– 1/4″ and 3/8″ threaded mounts under handle; to attach the CAME-SINGLE to different equipment.
– Comes with Hard Flight case with extra room to store your camera.
– Machined Aluminum Lightweight and Durable Build Quality.
– Lightweight for easy carrying. The net weight of the CAME-SINGLE is only 1.2kg
– Max payload 1kg. Works with Sony A7s, Panasonic GH4, BMPCC, etc.
Even though i’ve added extra handles, there’s several instances to which the gimbal was in extreme angles (low mode) and time where I only operated with one handle. The gimbal still performed pretty darn good. For those who are familiar with using alexmos gimbals, you’ll notice there are no ‘twitches’, ‘micro jitters’, and the horizon (roll) did not drift. It stayed level after the entire time even after panning, tilting, and low mode shooting.
Here’s some videos showing the effectiveness of the gimbal: