Amazing that just a year ago at NAB we debuted the MōVI M10! Since its launch, the MōVI has been used to capture smooth, dramatic, and dynamic footage on thousands of productions from blockbusters like The Wolf of Wall Street and HBO’s Game of Thrones to independent productions worldwide. We at Freefly wanted to take this moment prior to NAB 2014 to say thanks to all our customers for an incredible year! It has been very rewarding to bring the MōVI to market and to have the filmmaking community push the boundaries of what we thought was possible to create with this tool.
Freefly is committed to its customers and deeply appreciates the support that MōVI pre-order customers have provided. As such, we will be offering these customers a first look at new products and first-purchase priority for the new MōVI Controller and M15 upgrade package. A separate email will be sent next week to all customers who pre-ordered with instructions for taking advantage of this option.
MōVI M10 to M15 Upgrade
The MōVI M15 was designed with professional cinematographers in mind to accommodate larger cameras like the Sony F55 and ARRI Alexa M. Additionally, the MōVI M15 is intended to be used in either normal or inverted mode, which allows for easy integration onto a variety of platforms such as Steadicam, Tero, car mount, motorcycle, etc. The MōVI M15 draws on the experience Freefly gained in creating the M10 and allows for an even wider range of camera / lens combinations.
Upgrade Price: Approximately $3,000.00
Availability: Upgrades starting June 1, 2014 (pre-order customers)
– Fully enclosed camera cage for maximum rigidity and shot stability
– Twin tube pan axis to allow for max payload while in inverted mode
– Fully protected wiring
– Simplified fully tool-less balancing
– Inverted mode for more comfortable eye-level camera position
– Quick release top handle to allow for rapid adjustment
– Software, mechanical, and electrical improvements to optimize performance with larger camera systems
– Weight: 2.3kg / 5lbs
– Camera cage dimensions: 200mm (Length) x 200mm (Width) x 160mm (Height)
– Maximum payload: 15lb / 6.8kg with compatible camera / lens combinations.
The MōVI Controller is a professional-grade remote system that allows the operator full control over Pan, Tilt, and Roll. Additionally, the MōVI Controller will offer control of Focus, Iris, and Zoom (FIZ) motors in the future with the release of Freefly’s 3-channel FIZ system. This controller provides telemetry from the MōVI and allows the user to access MōVI menus to enable on-the-fly adjustment of key MōVI parameters. The MōVI controller also simplifies the remote control station by providing power for an LCD monitor and wireless system. A single battery on the MōVI controller will power your controller, monitor, wireless video system, and additional 5V or 12V accessories.
Availability: Begins shipping May 15, 2014 (pre-order customers)
– Full carbon fiber construction
– Precision joystick
– High-resolution focus knob
– Zoom control rocker
– Shutter / record start-stop button
– Long-range wireless link (1200 ft)
– Real-time telemetry from the MōVI
– Hardpoints for mounting monitor and accessories
– Optional IDX mounting plate for powering via IDX batteries
– Assignable switches and potentiometers to allow user customization
– 5V USB power output
– Tripod mount
– Neckstrap for mobile operation
This is great, how can I purchase?
M10 to M15 Upgrade – The upgrade will be available to purchase in the store (pre-order customers will receive special instructions via email). Once you have made the purchase, you will receive an email from Customer Service within 2 business days. You will be assigned an RMA number and our shipping address will be provided. Support will let you know once the unit arrives and the estimated completion date. We estimate most upgrades to take between 3 and 5 business days. Please note the completion date is the date we ship the unit back to you, not the date you will receive it.
MōVI Controller – Controllers will also be available in the store when they are ready to ship (pre-order customers will receive special instructions via email) . The controllers will ship 1 to 2 business days after payment.
more info: LINK